I recently began following a blog called “Learn With Jenny”. I found it by following a link on Becky Higgins’ blog (the famous scrapbook lady, not my friend Rebecca from Ft. Polk) that took me to a “Dancing Video”. The link to the post that inspired my post today can be found here: http://www.jennymeyerson.com/gratitude/perspective-i-am/
The link to Jenny’s Dancing Video can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz0Z_QpMf-I
It’s an awesome video! I highly encourage you to watch it. It came about because Jenny made a list of 39 things she wanted to do before her 39th birthday, to include going to Washington DC and dancing in front of the monuments. Not only did I love her idea, I LOVE her video.
Anyway, her post today talked about being positive. So today, Friday, May 23, I present ten things that “I am”.
1. I am a very happy mother. Michael is doing very well in school. He’s about to finish the 8th grade and start high school (Oh. My. God). He’s marching in his second parade on Monday. I panicked last night, at his final middle school band concert, and realized that I don’t have very many photos of Michael in 8th grade this year. I have 10 days to fix that. No pressure. 🙂
2. I am SO happy to be finished with all of my projects for the year. I worked hard and now everything is done! I am actually quite proud of myself! I really stretched this year and did something I never thought I could do (publish a cookbook). No more typing, no more proofing, no more reading, no more meetings! I’m free … for two weeks, and then I start again with an executive board meeting as the new First Vice President of the spouse club. I intend to relish these next few weeks of freedom from deadlines!
3. I am a good cook.
4. I am much better at smiling at everyone I meet than I used to be. (I’d like to think that I am also much better at thinking before I speak, but I’m not sure that’s really true).
5. I am a generous person.
6. I am a huge fan of pedicures.
7. I am an even bigger fan of cupcakes.
8. I am an Army Wife. Our family is about to go through it’s fourth deployment in 10 years.
9. I am a procrastinator.
10. I am a person who loves to laugh, who loves my friends, who loves to play racquetball (with no rules) and who loves to play Scrabble (and win)!